Getting Married? Why We Love Belize Weddings
Belize is a popular place to vacation for all kinds of travelers, but did you know that you can plan your destination wedding here as well? Gaining in popularity, destination weddings combine your special day, the people you love and an exotic vacation locale to create memories you’ll never forget. The country of Belize is a favorite choice for many couples as they plan their wedding. Let us count the ways that we love Belize weddings:
- Ease of travel. With many direct hubs (and more being added each year) throughout North America and Central America, it’s easier than ever to fly to Belize.
- English is the official language, so you don’t need to worry about translators or miscommunications when working with your wedding planner.
- It’s always warm in Belize! No matter the time of the year, you are likely to have warm weather for your wedding day.
- The people of Belize are friendly, helpful and enjoy a blend of rich cultures. You are sure to discover new friends while in Belize.
- Experienced wedding planners do all of the work for you. Enjoy your wedding without having to stress the details.
- There is no need to travel to Belize ahead of your wedding, as planning is clear and easy with the help of your wedding planner.
- Weddings in Belize are legal worldwide, so you won’t need to worry about additional paperwork once returning home.
- Standard marriage licenses require the wedding couple to be in-country only 3 days before the wedding, or you can pay a fee to have them expedited, if time is tight.
- Romance is alive and well in Belize. Plan a couple’s massage, take a romantic sunset sail or a candlelit dinner for two in the days leading up to your wedding.
- Stunning natural backdrops. Your Belize wedding ceremony can be just inches from the Caribbean Sea, making for a literal picture-perfect day.
- Speaking of wedding photos, there are many professional wedding photographers in Belize that do stunning work.
- There are many resorts to choose from to find one that fits your style, including Adult Only options.
- A wealth of resort amenities are available to wow your guests and give them the comforts of home.
- Most resorts offer wedding ceremony packages based on the size of your guest list. Additional services can be added on to complete your dream wedding.
- Floral arrangements, wedding cake, music, catering, bar services, pampering, photography and more can all be easily arranged.
- Plan a traditional rehearsal dinner or opt for a quirky dinner at a local eatery, a beachside barbeque or skip it completely and take your wedding party for a sunset cruise instead.
- Belize is the perfect setting for a formal affair or a more casual event, you choose.
- In that vein, you can go all out with a luxury wedding or plan a budget-friendly wedding. There are many options to choose from, even in the same locations within Belize.
- Tropical eats like lobster, mango and coconut can be the stars of your wedding dinner.
- Local rum is a great choice for your signature cocktail, and the local beer isn’t bad, either.
- Dance the night away under the stars at a beachside reception.
- You can have a built-in honeymoon and save on travel expenses. Stay at your wedding resort once your guests head home, or hop on over to another part of the country to start your honeymoon.
- The mainland of Belize offers verdant jungles, Mayan monuments, waterfalls, zip line adventures and more.
- The Belize Barrier Reef is the underwater backyard that will make you a kid at heart. Explore the reef with your new spouse with snorkeling or scuba diving.
- Travel within Belize is easy, especially with the option to fly locally from the International Airport in Belize City to the major cities like San Pedro Town on Ambergris Caye and Placencia in the South.
- Return to Belize for an anniversary and relive the magic of where it all started.
Surely we’ve just scratched the surface with this fun list. Belize is a diverse country with so much to offer. Come and discover the beauty for yourself. What’s your favorite reason for a Belize Wedding?